Top 10 tips to get your Mortgage approved every time in Canada
Top 10 tips to get your mortgage approved every time in Canada requires preparation and due diligence.
Canadian professional real estate investors understand the challenge to get a mortgage with favorable terms.
There are lot of hidden costs built in from all major Canadian banks, lenders and private hard money lenders.
Here are Top 10 tips to get your mortgage approved every time in Canada,
tricks, secrets and strategies, Canadian investors and home owners can use.
1. Have your documents ready to go – if you’re not sure what you’ll need, find out first and get a head start on any paperwork you’re missing.
2. Get a mortgage pre-approval ahead of time – if you are unsure as to whether you will qualify for a mortgage or what you have to do before even qualifying for a mortgage have a lender take a preliminary look at your application so there are no disappointments when you are ready to buy.
3. Have a good credit score – the higher the score the better.Minimum credit of 750 is the best.You can boost and fix your credit by yourself.Strategic Credit Repair Guide from http://www.GovernmentGrantsCanada.ca
4. Don’t borrow your down payment if you don’t have to – the more you have from your own resources, the more appealing you look to a lender.Proof of funds make it much easier than otherwise.
5. Have minimal debt – the less, the better.
6. Buy within your means – you need to qualify for what you buy, ensure it’s affordable.
7. Have good job tenure – the longer you’ve been with the same employer, the better it looks.
8. Provide a large down payment – the more the better because it means less risk for the lender.
9. Sell your existing property first – if you don’t sell, you must qualify to carry both.
10. Have good credit repayment history – a good credit score doesn’t mean much if there’s not enough history of debt repayment.
11. Have positive net worth – assets look good to a lender.
12. Don’t rush – sometimes you can’t rush a good thing.
13. Shop around for the best rate before you buy – prevent delays when it comes time to buy. Deal with experienced Canadian mortgage broker with proven record.
14. Do your research first – be prepared to avoid surprises.
15. Don’t change jobs at the last minute – your lender will need the new details and probation can cause issues.
16. Avoid last-minute large purchases – material changes to your application, including debts, can alter your approval status.
17. Consult a professional – use their experience to your advantage.
18. Augment your savings account – more money is always a good thing, right?
19. Understand what a co-signer is – just in case it’s needed, you’ll be ready.
20. Ask for exceptions – you don’t get what you don’t ask for.
21. Be prepared to negotiate – if it’s very important to you, be prepared to discuss it.
22. Don’t take no for an answer – if you don’t succeed on the first try, try and try again.
23. Have a back-up plan – if it doesn’t work out one way, prepare for a plan B.
24. Fill out your paperwork accurately the first time – save time and energy by doing it right the first time. Ask questions if you’re unsure how.
25. Be honest – mortgage approvals can be withdrawn if a falsification is discovered.
26. Know your income if you’re self-employed – it needs to be clearly presented to a lender, so make sure you’re on top of it.
27. Be open to alternatives – there may be other options.
28. Budget for closing costs – costs can vary, be prepared.
29. Pay attention to detail – sometimes it’s the small things that can make a big difference, read the fine print.
30. It’s okay to wait – an approval may not be possible right now, that doesn’t mean it’s never going to happen.
31.Always obtain AACI appraisal in Canada.
32. Get your own credit report to make sure it is clean and there are no errors.
33 Do not allow everyone to check your credit score.
34 Never use more than 60% of available credit.
35.Use owner financing or vendor take mortgages.
36.Be aware of zero percent mortgages from private, government and charities.
37.Ask about penalties before signing up any documents.
38. Be aware of Interest rate differential (IRD)
39. Ask the lender to pay your legal fee.Nothing gains unless you ask for it.
40 Do not renew with the same lender, shop around for better rates and terms.
While the above tips might make getting a mortgage approval a bit more likely, working with an experienced mortgage professional who can successfully structure your application for acceptance by a lender is the quickest route to home ownership.
Once approved, make sure you’re comfortable with the commitment you’re about to make.
Ensure the new mortgage supports your lifestyle by being affordable and aligns with your financial goals.
Please feel free to suggest to add more tips to Top 10 tips to get your mortgage approved every time in Canada.
We believe the information contained in this article to be accurate. It is presented with the understanding that we are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or investment advice. When professional assistance is required, utilize the services of a licensed real estate broker, lawyer, accountant, or other consultant as may be required.
Navtaj Chandhoke can be your next key note speaker for real estate/sales/marketing office meeting or Canadian real estate investment conventions, expos or trade shows. Please contact us for topics and availability.
Please contact us directly at Pam@WorldWealthBuilders.com or 647-393-6100 to set up a session at your meeting or convention.