Alberta tax sale properties Bassano
Town of Bassano will offer for sale, by public auction, in the Municipal Office, Town
of Bassano, 502 2nd Avenue, Bassano, Alberta, on Thursday, October 12, 2017, at
10:00 a.m., the following parcel:
C of T
131 295 725
1. Redemption of a property offered for sale may be effected by payment of all
arrears, penalties and costs by guaranteed funds at any time prior to the auction.
2. Each property offered for sale will be subject to a reserve bid and, in the case of
land, to the reservations and conditions contained in the existing certificate of
3. The properties are being offered for sale on an “as is, where is” basis, and the
municipality makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the
state of the property nor its suitability for any intended use by the successful
4. The auctioneer, councillors, the chief administrative officer and the designated
officers and employees of the municipality must not bid or buy any property
offered for sale, unless directed by the municipality to do so on behalf of the
5. The purchaser of the property will be responsible for property taxes for the
6. The purchaser will be required to execute a sale agreement in form and substance
provided by the municipality.
7. The successful purchaser must, at the time of sale, make payment in cash,
certified cheque or bank draft payable to the municipality as follows:
a. The full purchase price if it is $10,000 or less; OR
b. If the purchase price is greater than $10,000, the purchaser must
provide a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $10,000 and the
balance of the purchase price must be paid within 20 days of the sale.
8. GST will be collected on all properties subject to GST.
9. The risk of the property lies with the purchaser immediately following the
10. The purchaser is responsible for obtaining vacant possession.
11. In the case of land, the purchaser will be responsible for registration of the
transfer including registration fees.
12. If no offer is received on a property or if the reserve bid is not met, the property
cannot be sold at the public auction.
13. The municipality may, after the public auction, become the owner of any
property that is not sold at the public auction.
14. Once the property is declared sold at public auction, the previous owner has no
further right to pay the tax arrears.
Roberta Fernell, Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Bassano.
We believe the information contained in this article to be accurate.
It is presented with the understanding that we are not engaged in rendering legal,
accounting, or investment advice. When professional assistance is required,
utilize the services of a licensed real estate broker, lawyer, accountant,
or other consultant as may be required.
Tags for Alberta Tax sale properties: