Buy a home with a $2,000 down payment in Calgary-Alberta
Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation (AHCC) is a nonprofit social enterprise and wholly owned subsidiary of The City of Calgary that delivers well-appointed, entry-level homes for Calgarians who have been caught in the city’s growing housing affordability gap.
Get your copy of
Directory Forgivable Canadian Real Estate Grants
Through our Attainable Home Ownership Program, we connect builders, developers, lenders, lawyers and others to bring down the upfront costs of ownership so qualifying Calgarians can buy their very own home with a $2,000 down payment. Furthermore, when you decide to buy an attainable home, you're also choosing to pay it forward to help another family in the future. When you eventually decide to refinance or sell your home on the market, a share of the appreciation goes back into the program to fund more developments that will help even more people get a foot on the property ladder.
Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation (AHCC) In a nutshell
One significant barrier to home ownership for many moderate-income Calgarians is the Down payment in Calgary-Alberta. We remove this barrier through an investment partnership. You, as the home buyer, provide $2,000 and we provide the rest to get to the required five percent Down payment in Calgary-Alberta. You live in your home as long as you want. If and when you sell your home, that’s when a portion of the home’s appreciation goes back into the program to pay it forward to future participants. The longer you live in your home, the larger your share to a maximum of 75 percent.
Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation (AHCC) Eligibility
· Maximum household income of $90,000/year with dependent children living in the home
· Maximum household income of $80,000/year with no dependent children living in the home
· Your assets are less than 20% of the home’s purchase price, up to a maximum of $50 000 (this does not include primary vehicle, RESP, RRSP & pension)
· You can qualify for a mortgage and put $2,000 of your own money down
· You complete one of our home education sessions (group session or independent)
· Your home will be your permanent and only residence
Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation (AHCC) Shared Equity Calendar
You never have to sell your home. But if you do, that’s when we share in the home’s appreciation with you. If you live in your home for three years or more, you will keep three quarters of the increase in your home’s value. The portion we take is to help pay it forward to future program participants.
Years of ownership*
Your share of the home’s appreciation 0 – 1 year 0%
1 – 2 years 25% 2 – 3 years
50% 3 + years 75%
*There is no minimum or maximum length of time required.
Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation (AHCC) Example
Sometimes it’s easier to understand how the program works when we walk through an example.
Purchase price $220,000
Deposit from you $2,000
Gifted Down payment in Calgary-Alberta we provide $9,000
Your mortgage from a preferred lender $209,000
Say you sell your home after four years and the appraised value is $254,700.
Market value of your attainable home $254,700
Minus your original deposit $2,000
Minus your mortgage amount $209,000
Appreciation (increase in value) $43,700
The home grew in value by $43,700. If you are selling after four years of ownership, you keep 75% of that value or $32,775. The program keeps 25% or $10,925 which is paid forward to more people like you. It’s an investment partnership that works to help you and others like you.
Think you are ready to take the next step?
3 simple steps that will change your life
1. Fill in the online application form by clicking the “Let’s begin” button below. This will tell us about who you are, what you’re looking for and whether you fit the program criteria.
2. Education. Every home buyer must come to our office to complete an education session which can be done individually at our computer terminals or in a group session offered monthly. The session explains how the program works, provides information about our lender and legal partners and helps you to consider whether homeownership is right for you.
3. Mortgage pre-approval. As with any home purchase, all our clients must qualify for a mortgage. We are partnered with all of the major financial institutions. Each has specific agents who are very familiar with our program. Please contact us for a list.
Home ownership is within reach…
More info at http://attainyourhome.com/
We believe the information contained in this
article to be accurate.It is presented with the
understanding that we are not engaged in
rendering legal,accounting, or investment advice.
When professional assistance is required,
utilize the services of a licensed real estate
broker, lawyer, accountant,
or other consultant as may be required.
Tickets for LIVE CRASH COURSE at [color=#0000BF]http://www.Flipping4Profit.ca